Annons:
Tagfermented-foods
Read 1976 times
Tealover
2018-09-23 14:00

present your sourdough starter

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

In this thread we can present our sourdough starters.

How old they are, what kind they are, how they started, their names and off course their name.

Here is my sourdough starter Magnhild. She is 6 days old and a rye starter started with rye flour, water and a bit of honey. At the time I took the picture she was only 2 days old and she have moved to a bigger home by now.

She is my only Sourdough starter I have right now, I have had a Lukas, also rye started in 2010 and died in 2017 and I hope that Magnhild will get even older than he.

If you wonder why I give them names it's part because you notice that they are living cultures and partly because I want to remember when I started them (I name them from one of the name-day names in the day they are started).

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Annons:
jadekintz
2018-09-24 17:14

I have never tried to make a sourdough starter, do you have any tips for the take off of the starter?

Tealover
2018-09-24 17:42

#1 It's not that hard. It's easiest to work with rye. I put one part rye flour and one part water (in volume) in a clean jar (I used 2½ Dl I think). You can add some honey or grated apple in it too, I used honey. Do not put the lid on thight, it would explode if you do that. 

Put it in a warm spot, between 25-28 centigrade (Like over the fridge) and stir once a day for three days.

Then you can start to feed it. 1+1rye and water and stir. You can put it in the pantry and feed it dayly or in the fridge and feed it weekly.

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Scroll to top
Annons: