Annons:
Tagveggies-beans-and-other-green-foods
Read 1891 times
Leia
2018-10-16 20:31

What can I use squashes for?

Hi!

So I picked up a bunch of squashes for a cute photo shoot for my rabbit! I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I could do with them now I no longer need them?

I have never cooked with squash before so any ideas are welcome!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Tealover
2018-10-16 20:41

Cut them in half, take out the seeds. put them on a oven tray and draich then in oliveoil. use alot of spices and cook in the oven until tender

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Evelina
2018-10-17 10:00

The pumpkin you can carve or make pumpkin pie, or pumpkin risotto for example, the others besides the acorn squash (the green one), I have never eaten before so I don't know if they are good to eat. 

Acorn squash and most squashes are really good cut in half and roasted in the oven with some butter or oil, salt and pepper and a bit of brown sugar. Scoop out the seeds and stuff before putting it in the oven. Cook for about 45 minutes or until you can put a fork in it really easily. 

After that you can eat it as it is as a side dish, or you can add it to risotto like I said, any pasta, salads, or  a buddha bowl for example. You can also make a creamy soup out of them, yum! 

You can also wash the seeds and put then on a tray to bake in the oven for about 5 minutes, they cook really fast so don't let them burn. I personally don't put oil or butter on the seeds but I do put a dash of salt on them.

Leia
2018-10-17 21:03

Great ideas from both of you, thanks for that.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: