Annons:
Tagveggies-beans-and-other-green-foods
Read 1999 times
Evelina
2018-10-18 00:08

Yummy Spicy and Sweet Vegetarian Chili

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

It was the first time cooking without my kitchen during the renovation. It took me over 5 hours organising things to be finished with putting together my mini kitchen in the living room but I finished and I made some delicious chili for dinner! What you’ll need: Three white onions 1-3 jalapeños 1 green Bell pepper 4 stalks of celery 4 carrots peeled 2 garlic cloves 1 can of each, rinsed and drained: kidney beans, brown (pinto beans) and black beans 1 can crushed tomatoes 1 can tomato sauce 1 1/2 cup water 1 cup bulgar (or quinoa for gluten free) 1 teaspoon tabasco 1 tablespoon chipolte Louisiana hot sauce 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1 tablespoon chili powder 1 teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon salt 1/3 white wine 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce (vegan alternative I’d preferred or omit, and omit for gluten free) What to do: Cut up all the veggies very small, I used a food processor. Put in a big pot with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook for 5 min. Add white wine and simmer for 5. Add all of the rest of the ingredients and cook for 40 min. Serve with cheese, chives, and sour cream! I ate mine with tortilla chips too. 😊 Serves 4-6.

Annons:
Tammie
2018-10-18 04:15

That looks really good.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Evelina
2018-10-18 09:10

It was! At first it was too spicy for Balint, but then I added the sugar and it evened out very nicely. So thats a tip for others who might have made theirs too spicy, just add a tad more sugar until it has reached the level you most prefer!

Scroll to top
Annons: