Annons:
Tagfood-for-feasts-holidays-and-special-occasions
Read 2056 times
Tammie
2018-11-08 06:09

Holiday Dinner

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I am sitting here thinking about the upcoming Holidays. Here in the US we celebrate Thanksgiving in about 2 weeks. 

What is your favorite Holiday dish?

What is your favorite Holiday desert?

Do you have any special family food traditions?

Photo by Alison Marras on Unsplash

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Tealover
2018-11-08 11:47

For us the closest Holiday dinner is Christmas. 

Sure we have Both Advent and Lucia before that but there is no Holiday dinner connected with that more sweets and cookies (aspecially Lucia)

I'm not sure if I have a special Favorite, it's more the combination of it all but normally you can find heart or tounge on a christmas table around here and that's really special (since I don't eat it other days)

In our family we don't really have desserts since the christmas feast is so bit you couldn't eat it anyay. We normally eat "Fika" at around 14 on Christmas eve as a start of the feast (off coarse there is christmas porridge at noon but not all eat it since not all are there yet. 

But when it comes to cookies I love my moms homemade snickers.

Our family have a quite different food tradition since one of my sister is lakto-ovo-vegetarian and one is vegan and I was ovo-vegetarian for 7 years. So for us the vegetarian dishes is really important like tea smoked tofu (the only dish my sisters say I must do), falafel, vegan "sill" (Pickled harring but made vegan), fried kale etc. But off coarse we do have the traditional ham, prinskorv (small sousages), meatballs, gravlax etc

Exaxtly what depends on what part of the family is there, if it's all 17 of us there is alot bigger and more meat disches but if it's just us girls and one or two others there is alot smaller and more veg

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Tammie
2018-11-08 14:58

Interesting, I have never eaten heart or tongue. I have never heard of tea smoked tofu either. I hope you get to have a lot of family around for your holiday dinner.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Leia
2018-11-08 22:29

#1 It's lovely that you're willing to accommodate alternative diets!

My holiday dinner would also be Christmas! My favourite dish would be pigs in blankets (mini sausages wrapped in bacon). I'm unsure about puddings, I personally cannot stand the classic minced pies or Christmas cake (fruit cake), I normally just stuff my face with chocolate instead.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2018-11-08 23:52

I think the only holiday dinner I have is for Christmas, roast turkey and puddings galore!

…Unless you count chocolate Easter Eggs Laughing out loud

Scroll to top
Annons: