Other things about food

Christmas Dinner Leftovers

2018-12-25 23:02 #0 by: Leia
result

Happy Holidays!

I hope you have all had a wonderful day filled with family, friends and cheer! My favourite part of the day was definitely Christmas dinner and I have plenty leftover for tomorrow! 

What do you do with your leftovers? For lunch, I will have turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce sandwich but I don't know what I could have for dinner?

I know many British families will have Bubble and Squeak, a traditional British a dish made with leftover ingredients such as potatocabbagecarrotspeasBrussels sprouts. Chopped vegetables (and cold chopped meat)  are fried in a pan together with mashed potatoes or crushed roast potatoes until the mixture is well-cooked and brown on the sides. 

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

2018-12-26 09:00 #1 by: Tealover

I eat it like a small christmas dinner until it's all gone. I normally do all the cooking at home so it's a nice rest

2018-12-26 23:19 #2 by: Leia

#1 that’s what my mum has done this year!

All the best, Leia

2018-12-27 19:40 #3 by: jordan

Never heard of bubble and squeak before!

2018-12-30 17:12 #4 by: Leia

#3 and you call yourself British Jordan!Winking

All the best, Leia

2018-12-30 19:17 #5 by: Tealover

Even I have heard of bubble and squeak before but I'm not hundered procent sure what it is more than a leftover dish from the 2:nd world war

2018-12-30 19:41 #6 by: jordan

Maybe it is a regional thing then, as no one in my family had a clue Laughing out loud

There is anohter comment in this discussion. It is, however, only visible for logged in members. To read the comment, log in or register to become a member.