Annons:
Tag:Β other-things-about-food
Read 2295 times
Niklas
2019-03-18 14:01

How to make delicious Swedish blueberry jam

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Blueberry jam, like lingonberry jam, is very easy to make. Blueberries are often referred to as a ”superfood” due to its nutritional content. In any case, it tastes really good. I use it on oatmeal. Sometimes I put it on bread. It's great with pancakes. It also goes well with some blue cheese varieties. Make a batch and try it with different things to find your favorites.

I make my blueberry jam with considerably less sugar and more cinnamon than any other recipe I have seen. Blueberries are naturally sweet and I don't like to add more sugar than needed to anything. Sugar is a drug. πŸ˜‰

Also, I don't use preservatives other than sugar.

Ingredients:

• 1 kilo blueberries (about 2 liters)
  • 4 deciliter organic sugar
  • 3 tablespoons cinnamon

This is how you make the blueberry jam:

Put all ingredients in a pot. Let it boil for five minutes. Stir with a spoon until all ingredients are mixed. Pour into clean (hot if possible) jars. Done!

It can be stored in a fridge or freezer. I have read that it will keep in a fridge for a couple of months, but mine almost never lasts that long. πŸ˜€ Anyway, if it looks good and doesn't smell off, it should be okay. Taste it to be certain. If frozen, it lasts very long. At least a year.

(Photo by Pranav Madhu at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2019-03-18 20:55

Yummy! How many jars does this make?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-03-19 13:00

It depends on the jars, haha! πŸ˜‰ I put it in a plastic container that holds 1 liter and it fills it to about 4/5.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β