Annons:
Tagother-things-about-food
Read 1963 times
jordan
2019-04-10 23:36

Has any had experience with FODMAP?

One of my friends has recently been very ill, and until now there hasn't really been a clear reason for it.

It turns out he has a health condition which essentially exacerbates his illnesses, taking him a lot longer to recover. He mentioned that he has switched to a low FODMAP diet, to which I was left clueless Confused

Does anyone have any experience with FODMAP and can explain it? We go out to eat often, so is there any food places that I should avoid suggesting?

Annons:
Leia
2019-04-11 15:10

I follow a gluten-free diet and I have a brief knowledge of low FODMAP but I wouldn't feel confident in commenting on it myself.  Becky Excell has a blog which shares recipes reviews and explains all about low FODMAP. You can check it out and see if it helps: https://glutenfreecuppatea.co.uk/about/

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Maleficum
2019-04-12 00:02

I went to a FODMAP class a few years ago (we met once a week for like 4-5 times).

You always begin with exclude the "forbidden" foods until your stomach feels fine. Then you slowly introduces food from one of the groups (Fermentable Oligo-, Di-, Mono-saccharides And Polyols) ans see if you react to them. If it feels fine you test things from another group until you find what group or groups you react most from.

For me Oligosaccharides are the worst (onions, beans, wheat, barley, peaches etc).

The goal is to find out what you can and can not eat. Some of the things (I reacts to) I can eat sometimes in smaller doses if I have taken care of my stomach before (and after) without getting any problems (think like a bucket, you can put things in it but when it gets to much it overflow).

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Scroll to top
Annons: