Annons:
Tagfood-and-health
Read 2206 times
Evelina
2019-04-15 15:52

How to eat meat again after 4 years

So I became first vegetarian when I moved to Sweden 4 years ago, then to vegan for a little less than 2 years, and then back to back to vegetarian and now I have been having thoughts about experimenting with eating meat again. But I am not really sure how to do it. Thoughts on that process?

Annons:
Emo
2019-04-15 16:33

Small steps. It is often the best way of changes.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Maleficum
2019-04-15 16:51

Small steps and maybe begin with lean meat like chicken (meat that are "easy" for the system).

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

=^_^=
2019-04-15 17:29

Would you mind sharing why you've decided to bring it back in your diet? And why you went vegetarian/vegan in the first place? I don't have any tips though. But small steps and bringing in lean meat first, as Maleficium said, sounds good. I think fish might be a good "start" for the system as well?

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Evelina
2019-04-15 17:57

#3 I went vegetarian for the first month to Help Support my boyfriend who asked if I wanted to stop eating meat for a month for lent (I think it was, cant remember). But I have never been a huge meat fan. I never liked to eat meat from McDonalds for example. Growing up my mom would always try to get me to finish the meat in my meals but I just preferred veggies and carbs like bread. Also never been a fan of seafood, But still do eat salmon every once in a while (But I am very picky with the way is prepared). So that month went super easy for me, I didnt miss eating meat and just continued not eating it for several years. I also liked the fact that I wasnt supporting the factory meat industy and the environmental benefits of not eating meat. Basically went vegan because I didnt want to Support the dairy industry either. I am personally not against small farms, etc. just the large factory meat/dairy industy and their practises. I went back to vegetarian because I had a hard time being satisfied with my food and because it was hard for me to be on the go, especially travelling in countries that do not really know what vegan food is. Due to me being prone to migraines not eating food regularly is a huge problem. I have quite a bit of anxiety and it is really easy for me to try control things too much or obsess about my food (not about calories as such But more about nutrition). I personally think I have gotten into a negative relationship with my diet that I am no longer satisfied with my food, I tend to stress ALOT about what I am going to eat everyday and lately everything tastes bland to me - and I used to love cooking, now it just makes me anxious. Its been this way for the past year at least. Three months ago or so I noticed I started getting cravings for meat. So whenever I had that I would have some salmon. I am still getting cravings. And at the same time I feel very conflicted when thinking about eating meat. I did try some salami the other day but didnt really like it. #1 #2 Thank you. I will let you know how it goes.

=^_^=
2019-04-15 19:32

#3 Thank you for replying! Food plays such an important part in the overall health, both physically and mentally. I hope your relationship with it will become healthy once again.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Evelina
2019-04-15 20:37
Annons:
Tealover
2019-04-15 21:20

When I started eating meat after beeing ovo-vegetarian for 7 years I started small, like meat once or twice a month. And I mixed in meat in veggie dishes, like now I'm making a chickpeas and chicken stew. Even now I'm eating quite alot vegetarian food but that is nice for me.

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Evelina
2019-04-15 21:40

#7 Thats a good idea, thank you.

Evelina
2019-05-15 17:59

Here’s an update. I transitioned back into a meat eating diet. I didn’t have any stomach issues or anything and feel better about planning what to eat and etc, less stressed when it comes to what I’m going to eat, in general. Still eating mostly plant based and continue to do so but I have cooked a few different meals with meat and it went well - except I’ve come to realize I don’t really like chicken.

Maleficum
2019-05-16 13:52

#9 I'm glad it went well! And eating mostly plant based I think everyone should do :)

For me chicken is almost the only meat I eat because I don't really like any other kinds any more :P But I would like to be able to raise my own chicken to be sure they have lived a good life but sadly where I live it's not allowed (without special permission that is hard to get) so maybe I get quails instead (because they go under different laws so I'll be able to keep them in my back yard).

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Scroll to top
Annons: