Annons:
Tagfood-and-health
Read 2692 times
Leia
2019-06-18 14:54

What foods do you buy every week?

I thought this video was great, it really made me think about my staple foods and how that reflects my overall diet.  Nikole has also illustrated how you can use these staples in various ways, just because you buy the same food doesn't mean you need to eat the same meals! For instance, other than the eggs and bread, you can use all the other foods from her list in smoothies/drinks.

Like Nikole, I always buy in eggs, bread and spinach. I also buy in one microwave meal because you never know when you will need a quick meal.

What are your staple foods you buy each week?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
[Joab]
2019-06-19 15:49

Milk, bread, tomatoes, cucumber, iceberg lettuce, sour milk, yogurt, orange juice, bananas. We are lucky to get eggs for free from our neighbors who are keeping a bunch of hens.

jordan
2019-06-19 17:22

Not the healthiest option, but I always buy some fried chicken strips, as you can put them in burgers or wraps, making a nice and quick lunch!

Otherwise, I like to buy some berries (any really), and lettuce.

Niklas
2019-06-20 12:01

We buy everything that has a short shelf life at least weekly. Cows milk, vegetables, and fruit mainly. Most other groceries we buy much more seldom. The other day Åsa came home with 90 liters of oat drink. 😀 To prolong the life of cold groceries, we keep the fridge temperature at 4 degrees. In Sweden, the recommended temperature is 8 degrees or lower.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-06-20 13:16

#1 I would love to have my own hens for fresh eggs!!

#3 I also like bulk buying certain items! It can save a lot of money in the long run.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-06-20 13:29

Yep, that’s why she buys large amounts of things at the same time. Both for saving money, for not having to shop as often and for being prepared for longer periods of no access to grocery stores.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: