Annons:
Tagother-things-about-food
Read 1578 times
jordan
2019-08-06 22:35

Food and ASMR

You may or may not be aware of a trend that has certainly risen on the internet over the past 2 years known as ASMR.

Standing for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, the supposed effect of the noises that you hear is a tingling sensation that starts from your head, stretching all the way down your spine. However, as of now most findings point to anecdotal evidence, so making an explanation for it is kinda difficult.

ASMR videos and sound effects vary in subject matter greatly, so it shouldn't be a surprise that food has somehow found itself implicated in the trend.

The video above shows a recipe for an Apple Pie, and uses some of the techniques ASMR use, letting you hear the crackles of the pastry extremely clearly.

How did you find ASMR? Personally I can' see myself actively searching for content, but I do think its use in food/recipe videos can make you feel a little better, if a lot hungrier Laughing out loud

Annons:
Leia
2019-09-05 20:18

I think its a little strange, but each to their own I guess! Have you ever experienced the tingling sensation?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-09-06 00:08

I don't think so? I like the added fidelity of the sound as they use higher quality kit, but that's about as far as I could take it!

Scroll to top
Annons: