Annons:
Tagmaking-sweets-desserts-and-similar-foods
Read 1690 times
jordan
2019-08-16 21:29

Simple (yet delicious) French Toast!

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Do you ever have those moments where you crave something so much, yet you have either never eaten it, or hadn't eaten it for a long time? I had that exact moment with french toast earlier this week Laughing out loud

Personally, I haven't made french toast before, so I was glad to read that it actually is not very hard at all! I chose to have maple syrup and blueberries with mine, creating a delicious and filling breakfast!

Ingredients (for two slices of french toast): 

• Any thick crusted bread (other than baguette)
  • 2 eggs
  • 200ml milk
  • A handful of berries (or other chosen fruit)
  • As much Maple syrup as you desire!
  • Butter

What to do:

1. First, pour the milk into a measuring jug, and crack both eggs into the milk. Ensure no shell has made its way in, and whisk with a fork for one minute.
  2. Next, pour this mixture into a bowl or tray big enough to fit the mixture and eventually the bread.
  3. Slice the bread into THICK slices. I would recommend around 1.5-2cm in thickness to ensure that the inside of the bread remains soft, and the crust retains its crunchiness.
  4. Place the bread into the milk/egg mixture, and leave it to set. I would recommend putting it into the fridge and leaving it overnight, making sure to flip it once at some point.
  5. Once the bread has soaked in the mixture, gently heat a pan while melting some butter to ensure the bread will not stick.
  6. While on a mid heat, place your bread onto the pan. Fry the bread until it reaches a golden brown colour, ensuring to flip it to cook both sides sufficiently.
  7. Serve the toast on your favourite plate, dosing it in as much maple syrup as you find necessary finished off with a handful of fruit!
Annons:
Tammie
2019-08-17 22:02

That sounds wonderful. I would add just a bit of pure vanilla extract to the eggs and milk. Laughing

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Evelina
2019-08-19 18:42

I second the vanilla! And i love adding a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg to the mix as well

Tammie
2019-08-20 15:06

I agree!

Happy creating!

Tammie

jordan
2019-08-20 23:03

#1 That sounds like a great idea! Thank you for the suggestion 🙂

Niklas
2019-08-21 12:03

It looks very good. In Sweden they are called “fattiga riddare”, which would translate into “poor knights”. Don’t ask why. 😀 I don’t think we eat them with syrup and berries, but with jam.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-08-21 22:31

#5 Laughing out loud How bizarre!

Jam sounds like a good alternative!

Annons:
Tammie
2019-08-21 23:26

Believe it or not when I was little we used to mix peanut butter with Maple syrup and slather it on French toast and it also goes well on pancakes.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Niklas
2019-08-22 09:59

Salty and sweet is a classic.  🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-08-23 00:02

#7 I wouldn't have thought of that combo myself but I might try it!

Leia
2019-09-05 20:15

That looks deliciousIn love I'll have to give this a go with gluten-free bread and see if it is still a success!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: