Annons:
Tagother-things-about-food
Read 1757 times
Evelina
2019-08-26 18:51

Re-organizing and using up food items in kitchen

Over the weekend, I went through my food pantry and made a list of random things I need to use up. We’ve collected a lot of random food items that we don’t really use. We bought it for one recipe and then never used the rest of the package. Does anyone else do this or have this problem? There was a lot of stuff that I gave away to my friend. But right now I’m trying to figure what to do with all the random types of flour I have. For instance I have 1.5kg of rye flour so I’m going to make sourdough rye bread later in the week. I also have a bag of corn flour (not starch), dinkelmjöl, vetekli mjöl, and almond flour. Three bars of baking white chocolate and a bag of sweet chocolate chips (milk). Im not sure What to do with these since I prefer dark chocolate. A lot of dry kidney beans and borlotti beans. Sour dry cherries. Let me know if you have any ideas or recipes for these items 😁

Annons:
Niklas
2019-08-27 11:02

This is most likely familiar to many people. I know it happens in our house. 🙂 Try using them in other ways depending on what properties they have. The chocolates can be used instead of other sweeteners when you bake. Melt them first. Flour can be stored more or less indefinitely if kept dry and dark. Beans too. Or you can soak them and make bean salads. If you keep them soaked in oil they keep for long periods.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: