Annons:
Tag:Β veggies-beans-and-other-green-foods
Read 1718 times
Evelina
2019-09-09 11:29

Traditional Italian Pesto

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

My boyfriend and I recently had a new flatmate move in. She is Italian, from Tuscany! I was making a pasta dish that required pesto and decided to ask her how it should be made. First off, she said her grandmother would use a mortar and pestle rather than a food processor, like I was doing haha. I’m a bit lazy what can I say! Next, she talked about olive oil. The best Olive oil you can get for pesto is fresh olive oil from when it’s in season, and it should be bought from the place where they are making the olive oil rather than the supermarket. You must pre-arrange for an order because it sells out quickly. She said the fresh olive oil is very green! (To be completed, I was taking a study break on my phone, I’ll finish tonight!

Annons:
Niklas
2019-09-09 14:08

The pesto in the photo looks promising. πŸ˜€

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-09-09 16:51

Let's hope she has plenty more authentic recipes she can share!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Tammie
2019-09-10 03:06

It looks yummy! I love pesto. πŸ˜ƒ

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Evelina
2019-09-10 10:05

Oh no! I don’t have access to edit anymore. But here is the rest. Ingredients: 1/4 cup Pine nuts A bushel of fresh basil leaves Extra virgin Italian olive oil 1/2 cup more or less A 1 1/2 inch block of parmesan cheese One garlic clove Pinch of salt Throw all of this into a food processor and mix! Simple as that 😊 She said that the pesto has much more olive oil than the pesto you buy in the grocery store.

Niklas
2019-09-10 16:10

”1 1/2 inch block of Parmesan” How much should it weigh? Depending on what you start with, 1 1/2 inch can weigh very differently. πŸ™‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-09-10 16:54
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Hmm.. not sure how much it would weigh, as I dont have a scale.  But you know the parmesan you buy at the store? I just cut and inch and a half off. There is no need to be particular about the amounts of the ingredients, go by the consistency of the pesto and the flavour. If you feel it needs more taste, try adding a bit more parmesan.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-09-11 10:50

#6: Okay. We usually order about 1/2 kilo chunks online. They have the shape of a large piece of a cake. Depending on which way you cut it, 1 1/2 inches probably could weigh a couple of 100 grams. Those will be delicious and expensive pestos. πŸ˜€

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-09-11 11:51

Okay but I mean it’s 1.5 by 1.5 or 1 inch cube. So it’s not really all that much. 100 grams is too much. I think it would be like less than 40 grams. And it ends up making about 3/4 cup to 1 cup pesto.

Niklas
2019-09-11 11:57

Aaah! I completely misunderstood. I read it as a 1 1/2 inch thick slice of a Parmesan block. Sorry, that makes it completely understandable. πŸ˜‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-09-11 11:59

πŸ˜‚ Yeah i didnt write it all that clear. I guess if you had a huge wheel of parmesan and you cut that much off it would be a whole lot of cheese πŸ˜†

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β