Annons:
Tagbaking-in-all-forms
Read 2103 times
jordan
2019-09-18 21:08

The grandeur of the Cronut

I don't quite remember why, but I distinctly remember the craze that surrounded Cronuts when they were first created way back in 2013. It is certainly telling when British TV crews were sent stateside to cover what had been going on in a small bakery in New York.

Essentially, the 'Cronut' is a hybrid of the French favourite croissant, and the American favourite doughnut. Invented by Dominique Ansel, it was initially launched without much fanfare. It wasn't until it was blogged about in Grub Street that suddenly every New Yorker wanted to try one, resulting in hour long queues, and rival inventions from other bakeries.

Although it was a secret at the time, Ansel has since released the recipe of the hit snack, but be warned, the process is not for the amateur baker Laughing out loud

Have you ever heard or even had a Cronut before? Would you be tempted to make one yourself?

Annons:
Niklas
2019-09-19 13:32

Three days of preparation! 😮

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-09-19 18:57

#1 Oh my! With tapioca in it as well no less! I really like how it looks and everything in it, so I guess it's pretty good?

#2 A lot of method for the madness it seems!

Leia
2019-09-20 19:05

I vaguely remember hearing about this craze 😂, has anyone ever tried one?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-09-21 16:30

It was a New York exclusive for quite a while, so it's still quite new here! There are some places in London that do them, so maybe I'll get a chance soon!

Scroll to top
Annons: