Annons:
Tagother-things-about-food
Read 1969 times
Leia
2019-09-22 11:22

Too Good To Go

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

We waste ⅓ of all food, and it’s putting needless strain on the planet 🌍 But how can we Help? Well one small step you can take right now is downloading the “Too Good To Go”. It lets you buy delicious, unsold food from your favourite stores for such a small price! 🍴(only £2-£4!) Unfortunately, if you are like me and live in a smaller town, there aren’t many restaurants and cafes that are signed up to app 😕 but hopefully as it grows with popularity this won’t be an issue! Moreover, you don’t get to choose what food you get, it’s simply whatever leftovers there are at the restaurant. So bad news if you have allergies or are a picky eater! While the app is very user-friendly, I wish there was an option which allowed you to choose between their box packaging or bring your own reusable containers in order to save not only food waste but packaging waste too!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Tammie
2019-09-22 15:42

What a good idea!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

jordan
2019-09-23 12:27

I had just the one place near me Laughing out loud For £3.50 I can get a box from Yo Sushi! This might be good for my sisters, as they love all the food there, but as I don't eat fish it doesn't Help me that much!

Niklas
2019-09-23 13:23
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

In Sweden (and the UK) we have Karma. It lets you buy unsold food at half price. We used to buy cakes, bread and pastries that way. The key is being fast to reply when you get a notification from one of your favorites. You can even pay from within the app so that all you have to do is pick it up on your way home.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-09-23 18:16

#3 I wonder which came first and which is more popular 🤔?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-09-24 12:19

Karma started 2015. In App Store, Karma has a rating of 4.8 from 9662 votes and Too good to go has 4.9 from 9270 votes.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: