Annons:
Tagthe-processes-and-tools-of-cooking
Read 1804 times
Evelina
2019-12-26 19:11

Pasta Maker

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 5
Preview of image 2 of 5
Preview of image 3 of 5
Preview of image 4 of 5
Preview of image 5 of 5

We got our first pasta maker! My boyfriend’s dad and wife bought it for us for Christmas. It was such a thoughtful gift, we had been talking about making ravioli when he was over for a visit. Now we were able to try to do it today for the first time! My boyfriend made the pasta and I made the filling and sauce. We filled them with bacon (didn’t have prosciutto), basil and ricotta. The sauce was tomato purée and mascarpone with white wine. 😊 Have you ever made your pasta? What’s your favorite?

Annons:
Maleficum
2019-12-26 22:43

I had a period when I did a lot of pasta, but when I had a gluten free period I stopped and for some reason didn't start again (don't have a pasta maker so that makes it a bit harder).

Mostly did tagliatelle but did try lasagne and I think I also tried ravioli (filled with bolognese sauce) at one time.

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Evelina
2020-01-02 17:10

I bet you can still make gluten free pasta! Although would make things a bit more difficult. We have only made ravioli a few times now. We have to try tagliatelle soon! 😊🍝 Did you hang the tagliatelle pasta and let it dry? We thought about ordering the pasta hanger, but not sure if we actually need it.

Maleficum
2020-01-04 19:34

#2 I did try doing gluten free pasta but it was hard getting the right consistency of the dough so I gave up.

I boiled it right away without drying it. But I think it will be better with a pasta maker so you could do it really thin because they did swell a little and became a bit doughy.

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Niklas
2020-01-09 10:43

I haven't made my own pasta, but I think it looks fun to do it. Take a look at this video, for instance. How long does it take to make the dough?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2020-01-09 10:50

It doesn't take that long to make the dough, maybe 20 minutes? But if you want to make special dough, say with spinach or pumpkin it would take longer.

Niklas
2020-01-09 11:06

Okay, thanks. Can you boil it right after forming it, or does it have to rest first?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2020-01-09 11:09

You should boil it. However, I am sure there is a way to store the pasta somehow but I haven't done that yet.

Niklas
2020-01-09 11:12

Freezing it ought to work.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: