Start a new discussion! Stickied (3) Latest discussions About Food Savvity and the Savvity network Grains, potatoes and other starchy foods Veggies, beans and other green foods Fish and seafood Fowl and eggs Red meat and processed meat Dairy and dairy-like foods Baking in all forms

Making sweets, desserts and similar foods The things we drink Food for feasts, holidays and special occasions Fermented foods Food and health The processes and tools of cooking Media and celebs on foods Other things about food Off Topic
Dairy and dairy-like foods

Swiss Cheese Fondue

2020-01-03 14:32 #0 by: Evelina

We were given some Fondue cheese from Switzerland as a christmas present from Bálint’s sister and her fiancé.

We had it with the usual sides that one would pair with fondue. We had Chianti salami, chili and Dijon salami, Hungarian sausage, pickles, olives, baguette bread, and veggies.

2020-02-12 10:00 #1 by: Niklas

I don't think I've had fondue since the 80s. I like that everyone makes their own food and that it is a group activity.

Another similar meal activity is when you prepare and eat yakiniku. You all fry your own combination of meat, vegetables, and mushrooms that you dip into yakiniku sauce before you eat it. 🙂

2020-02-12 11:46 #2 by: Evelina

I’ve never tried that before! Sounds good though 😊

2020-02-12 12:07 #3 by: Niklas

It is. I think you can still eat it at Bamboo Palace in Stockholm.

2020-02-12 15:08 #4 by: Evelina

Oh I’ll have to try that some day.

Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.