Annons:
Tag:ย making-sweets-desserts-and-similar-foods
Read 1733 times
Evelina
2020-03-03 15:26

Double Chocolate Oatmeal

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

This is so yummy! Itโ€™s a semi healthy way to get your chocolate fix while getting in some protein. You can even add half a scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder if you want. ๐Ÿ˜ You can add peanut butter on top or dark chocolate bits. I drizzled a tiny bit of Nutella on mine because I was craving some. I halve the recipe and I donโ€™t do the recipe over the stove top. I just boil hot water and whip the egg using an electric mixer. It makes the oats so creamy and good without even having to use milk. Recipe: https://pinchofyum.com/double-chocolate-oatmeal 1 cups rolled oats 3โ€“4 cups water 1/4 teaspoon salt ยฝ teaspoon vanilla extract 4 tablespoons cocoa powder 2 tablespoons sugar a dash of cinnamon 2 egg whites powdered sugar and chocolate chips for topping In a saucepan over high heat, place the rolled oats and salt. Cover with 3 cups water. Bring to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding ยฝ cup water as necessary as the mixture thickens. In a small bowl, whisk 4 tablespoons water into the 4 tablespoons cocoa powder to form a smooth sauce. Add the cocoa sauce and the vanilla to the pan and stir until well combined. Turn the heat down to low. Add the egg whites and whisk immediately and vigorously to get them fully incorporated. (If you go too slow or donโ€™t whisk right away, youโ€™ll get little chunks of egg whites in your oatmeal). The entire mixture should slowly take on a lighter color and fluff up a bit as the egg whites become incorporated and cook. Add the sugar, flaxmeal, and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve immediately, topping with powdered sugar or chocolate chips if you want.

Annons:
Niklas
2020-03-04 17:20

Sounds good from the recipe. I eat hot cereal made from oats every day for lunch. Always with home-made jam. It probably is faster to prepare than this. Do you have a favorite cocoa powder brand, or are you using whatever is cheapest?

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Evelina
2020-03-04 20:22

That sounds good! Do you make the cereal at home or is it store-bought? 

I use whatever organic one they sell at the local supermarket normally. I don't really taste a difference in the taste between various brands. What about you?

Niklas
2020-03-11 12:48
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Sorry, I meant hot oatmeal. ๐Ÿ˜€

Evelina
2020-03-11 14:29

Oh okay! Looks good ๐Ÿ‘

Niklas
2020-03-11 19:19

Yes, today I had it with home-made blackcurrant jam.

Evelina
2020-03-11 22:32

Wow! Super yummy. I love making homemade jams!

Annons:
Niklas
2020-03-13 09:42

I love eating them. ๐Ÿ˜€

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย