Start a new discussion! Stickied (3) Latest discussions About Food Savvity and the Savvity network Grains, potatoes and other starchy foods Veggies, beans and other green foods Fish and seafood Fowl and eggs Red meat and processed meat Dairy and dairy-like foods Baking in all forms

Making sweets, desserts and similar foods The things we drink Food for feasts, holidays and special occasions Fermented foods Food and health The processes and tools of cooking Media and celebs on foods Other things about food Off Topic
Baking in all forms

Easy Everyday Sourdough Bread

2020-04-09 08:08 #0 by: Evelina

So I made Rosemary Sourdough bread yesterday (started it the day before yesterday) and it turned out amazing! 

However, I have realised I have been out for more of a traditional San Francisco style sourdough bread. SF sourdough has a particular sour taste to it. But it takes longer to make and it is a bit more advanced so I decided to try one more easy version before I tried a harder one. 

She does this bread over the course of one day, starting in the morning and baking it after work. 

I started this one late last night and I will let it rise for about 22hrs since my apartment is only about 18 degrees Celsius. 

I will let you know how it turns out! 

I especially love how she explains how to make this without making a mess. I am always down to have minimal dishes after cooking!

2020-04-12 14:05 #1 by: Niklas

Are the cuts on top of the dough for looks, or do they have a function?

2020-04-12 19:07 #2 by: Evelina

It helps with the rising process while itโ€™s baking.

2020-04-13 07:25 #3 by: Niklas

Aha!

Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.