Start a new discussion! Stickied (3) Latest discussions About Food Savvity and the Savvity network Grains, potatoes and other starchy foods Veggies, beans and other green foods Fish and seafood Fowl and eggs Red meat and processed meat Dairy and dairy-like foods Baking in all forms

Making sweets, desserts and similar foods The things we drink Food for feasts, holidays and special occasions Fermented foods Food and health The processes and tools of cooking Media and celebs on foods Other things about food Off Topic
Baking in all forms

San Francisco Sourdough Bread for beginners

2020-04-09 08:11 #0 by: Evelina

So I started the levian for this this morning. Laughing

Super excited to see if it turns out like the real sourdough taste I have been missing!

If you go to the video on Youtube, he includes a link to download a pdf of the recipe in the description. It is a little bit complicated so it makes it easier to follow. 

2020-04-12 08:02 #1 by: Niklas

”No-knead recipe”, I like that. 🙂 The regular sourdough bread takes a lot of cuddling.

I've never thought of wearing rubber gloves for baking. Genius.

#0: You mean levain, right?

2020-04-12 12:30 #2 by: Evelina

#1 Yes. And you can also wet or oil your hands so it doesnt stick to your hands 😊 or just use a wet or oiled spatula.

2020-04-12 12:33 #3 by: Evelina

Here is how the first batch turned out. It was very good.The second loaf tasted better but looked burnt. It wasn’t photogenic so I didn’t take a photo, although it tasted amazing!

We don’t have a razor blade to make the nice design in it. We tried with a regular knife but it just didn’t work.

2020-04-12 15:23 #4 by: Niklas

It looks good. 🙂

Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.