Annons:
Tag:Β fish-and-seafood
Read 1504 times
Evelina
2020-04-21 23:23

Favorite way to season and cook salmon?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I realised today that I always season salmon the same way. I guess it is because it is my favourite seasoning for salmon. It tastes great and is super easy. I rub brown sugar and a cajun mix into the salmon, squeeze some lime on it and bake it for 30-40 min. What is your favourite way to season and cook salmon?

Annons:
Niklas
2020-04-22 14:34

How about gravad? Or don't you like that? Γ…sa often makes it in an oven-safe glass tray with a lot of cream, home-made lingonberry jam, and spices. Along with it we eat jammed (pressad) potatoes. There probably are some more hocus pocus she does, but that's all I know. πŸ™‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2020-04-22 16:33

I havent tried it. Is it served cold? I need to experiment more with cold served salmon. I tried it once before in a poke bowl, but it was a bit fishy.

Niklas
2020-04-23 11:01

Fishy, yes. πŸ˜‚ Gravlax is served cold. You rub two filets of salmon with a mix of salt, sugar (equal parts), and coarse ground white pepper. Then you lay them on top of each other, with 1 deciliter of dill between, and leave it in a plastic bag on a plate in the fridge for two days. Turn the plastic bag over four times during that period. When it’s done, you wipe off the dill and pepper and slice them thinly at an angle. Serve with gravlax-sΓ₯s and boiled potatoes or make a fancy entrΓ© with them. Very easy, but most people buy it instead, including me. πŸ™‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2020-04-23 11:27

Okay I see! Sounds very Swedish 😁

Niklas
2020-04-23 11:54

It's like Swedish sushi. πŸ™‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β