I made this bread this weekend and it did not disappoint. Major fall vibes and flavors! 🥰🍁🍂
I made this with applesauce and butter instead of bananas and coconut oil.
Here is the recipe: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/cream-cheese-swirled-pumpkin-banana-bread/
3 medium overly ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed, see notes)
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
3/4 cup melted coconut oil (see notes)
2/3 cup maple syrup
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
SALTED MAPLE BUTTER
4 tablespoons salted butter at room temperature
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 (9x5 inch) bread pans.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt, mix until just combined. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared bread pans.
3. Place the cream cheese in a gallon size zip-top bag. Snip a small opening off of the corner of the bag. Squeeze out teaspoon size amounts directly into the pumpkin batter, using 4 ounces of cream cheese per bread pan. Gently swirl the cream cheese. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over top the batter.
4. Transfer to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until center is just set.
5. Meanwhile, make the maple butter. In a small bowl, combine the butter and maple syrup.
6. Remove the bread and let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting...or just eat it warm with a smear of maple butter (you should do this!). Enjoy!
To Replace the Banana: use an additional 3/4 cup pumpkin or unsweetened applesauce. But again, I like the bread best with bananas. You do not taste them.
To replace the Coconut Oil: use an equal amount of melted butter.
To Freeze: Bake as directed, cool each loaf completely, then tightly wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze in a freezer bag or freezer safe container for up to 4 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge, or on the counter for a few hours.
To Make Gluten Free: Use an equal amount of your favorite gluten free flour blend in place of the all-purpose flour. I recommend Cup4Cup gluten free flour.
Storing: this bread keeps well for 3-4 days at room temperature.