Annons:
Tagveggies-beans-and-other-green-foods
Read 1004 times
Evelina
2021-01-10 20:03

Spicy white bean stew

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 2
Preview of image 2 of 2

I finally caved and got a New York Times Cooking membership (which is sadly a separate 5 dollar subscription from the New York Times - something I also have 😅). Honestly, it’s so worth it. Bálint and I both have been using this app nearly daily for the past few weeks. The app is easy to use. It also is free from blog content, unnecessary amounts of photos as well as ads. This is something Bálint in particular loves. He hates scrolling to the bottom of a long blog post for a recipe. This Spicy White Bean Stew is one of their recipes and it’s a new favorite of mine. I added Fuet - Spanish dried sausage, baby kale instead of broccoli, and avocado.

Annons:
Evelina
2021-01-10 20:04
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Ingredients list

Niklas
2021-01-12 19:04

How long does it take to make? Is the subscription 5 USD a month? The regular NYT subscription is 8 USD a month, but the games, puzzle and crossword subscription is 14 USD a year so either month or year would be possible for the cooking app. One sounds almost too cheap and the other to steep (for me). 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2021-01-13 10:02

About 30-45 minutes if you use beans from a can/box. I used dried beans so I started by soaking the beans overnight and cooking the next day for 2.5 hours.

Niklas
2021-01-13 20:34

Okay. Does it taste better with dried and cooked beans or is it just a different way of making it?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2021-01-14 08:29

I prefer the dried beans. They are cheaper. And I usually always have them in the cupboard because they come in large bags. However, I use boxed beans in a pinch if I forgot to soak them overnight or don’t have time to cook something for several hours.

Scroll to top
Annons: