I saw that my local super market is selling purple sweet potatoes again! They are even half the price compared to the normal sweet potatoes. So I decided to make some crispy fries out of them.
- 1 lb purple potatoes unpeeled and cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- 2 tbsp cornstarch for more crispy fries
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cut the potatoes evenly in strips or wedges.
- Place potatoes, starch, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a mixing bowl and toss. If not using starch, just exclude and go to next step.
- Coat the potato in oil
- Transfer to a baking sheet: Spread the coated potatoes out into a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Roast 15 minutes then flip and roast another 5 to 10 minutes until potatoes develop crispy exterior.
- While potatoes are roasting, combine spice ingredients mixing well.
- Once potatoes are done, allow to cool a few minutes then season and serve.
Recipe adapted from: Food Fidelity