Start a new discussion! Stickied (3) Latest discussions About Food Savvity and the Savvity network Grains, potatoes and other starchy foods Veggies, beans and other green foods Fish and seafood Fowl and eggs Red meat and processed meat Dairy and dairy-like foods Baking in all forms

Making sweets, desserts and similar foods The things we drink Food for feasts, holidays and special occasions Fermented foods Food and health The processes and tools of cooking Media and celebs on foods Other things about food Off Topic
Baking in all forms

How to Make Brioche Burger Buns

2020-02-06 17:49 #0 by: Evelina

Making brioche buns tonight for black bean burgers! I have never tried making them from scratch before. Hopefully it turns out Laughing

Ingredients you'll need: Tangzhong: 2 tablespoons (20g) bread flour 2 tablespoons (27g) water 4 tablespoons (60g) whole milk Dough: 1/2 cup(120g) whole milk @ 95f (30c) 1 tablespoons (9g) instant yeast 2.5 cups (320g) Bread flour 1 teaspoon (7g) fine sea salt 2.5 tablespoons (35g) granulated sugar 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 3 tablespoons (42g) unsalted butter, softened Egg wash: 1 whole egg splash of whole milk

2020-02-07 09:23 #1 by: Niklas

I agree with him that sesame seeds does nothing good on bread. 😀

2020-02-12 11:50 #2 by: Evelina

I added sesame seeds on mine just because 🤷🏻‍♀️ but I agree that it doesn’t do much for taste.

They ended up tasting good but I added to much flour! I realize now that the dough needs to be pretty sticky, which is unlike most doughs. I made it with black bean burger patties 😋

2020-02-12 12:11 #3 by: Niklas

That bread looks professionally made. 😀

2020-02-12 15:07 #4 by: Evelina

Haha thanks! ☺️

Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.